You have the ability to cancel your membership at any time, regardless of whether you signed up for a YouTube free trial in order to view a single show or have been using it consistently for a number of months. You will, however, need access to a computer or a smartphone in order to complete this activity. To cancel your subscription to YouTube TV, you must first complete the following steps:
How to Discontinue Your Subscription to YouTube TV on Your Personal Computer?
Open your preferred web browser and navigate to the tv.youtube.com website once it has finished starting up.
- After that, you need to sign into the system. To do this, go to the top right corner of the window and click the Sign In button when you get there. The next step is to select your Google account, and if you are not already signed in, you will be prompted to enter your password before proceeding.
- After that, you will need to select the icon that corresponds to your profile. It ought to be in the top-right corner of the window where you can find it, so look there first.
- After that, select the Settings menu from the menu bar. This choice will be situated relatively close to the top of the menu that drops down from the bar.
- After doing so, select “Membership” from the subsequent drop-down menu. This information can be found at the very top of the sidebar on the left.
- The next thing you need to do is select either the Pause or Cancel Membership button. This information can be seen directly below the YouTube TV icon on your screen.
After that, choose the option that allows you to cancel your membership. This option can be found at the very bottom of the pop-up window that has just appeared. Make sure that you do not press the button labeled Pause at any time. If you do not take the necessary steps to deactivate your account within the first eight weeks, it will be reactivated after that period of time, and you will be charged for it.
Choose a “reason why you are canceling” to explain your decision. You do not need to enter any text into the field that will subsequently display there after the sentence has been displayed there.
After that, select the option to Continue Canceling by clicking that button. This information will be presented at the bottom of the pop-up window that has recently appeared.
When you are finished, you should click the button labeled Cancel Membership.
The Membership page will load again as soon as you select “Cancel Membership” from the drop-down menu of the Account Settings section. If the cancellation of your membership was successful, you will see the option to Restart Your Membership under the YouTube TV logo on the account management page.
Following the completion of these steps, you must then check your email for a message confirming that your YouTube TV subscription has been successfully terminated.
If you cancel your free trial, the streaming service will immediately cancel your subscription, and you will no longer have access to any of the content that is made available through the streaming service. If, on the other hand, you are not canceling a free trial of YouTube TV, you will continue to have access to all of the content provided by the service up until the beginning of the billing term for which you have signed up.
Quick Recap of 9 Simple Steps – How to Discontinue Your Subscription to YouTube TV on Your Personal Computer
- Visit the YouTube TV website: Open your preferred web browser (like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox) and go to the website “tv.youtube.com”.
- Sign in to your account: Look for the “Sign In” button in the upper right corner of the window. Click on it and select your Google account. If you’re not already signed in, enter your Google account password to log in.
- Access your account settings: After signing in, click on your profile icon located in the upper-right corner of the window. A drop-down menu will appear; choose “Settings” from this menu.
- Navigate to Membership: In the settings menu, you’ll find various options. Look for “Membership” or “Billing” (depending on any updates YouTube TV might have made). Click on it to access your membership details.
- Cancel your subscription: Within the Membership or Billing section, there will be a button saying “Pause or Cancel Membership” or simply “Cancel Membership.” Click on this button.
- Confirm the cancellation: A pop-up window will appear, asking you to confirm your decision to cancel. Read any information provided, and if you still want to proceed, click on “Cancel Membership.” Be careful not to click on “Pause” by mistake. If you don’t cancel your account within the first eight weeks, it will reactivate, and you will be charged again.
- Select a reason (optional): You may be asked to provide a reason for canceling, but this step is optional, and you can skip it if you prefer.
- Complete the cancellation: Click the “Continue Cancelling” button located at the bottom of the pop-up window. Then, click the “Cancel Membership” button to finalize the process.
- Verify the cancellation: Once you’ve completed the cancellation process, the Membership page will reload. Under the YouTube TV logo, you should see a confirmation message that your subscription has been canceled successfully.